Here's a traffic advisory for construction around Comstock Circle and Escondido Circle:
This advisory is to inform you that on August 26, large flat-bed trucks will begin delivering prefabricated structural and exterior building panels on campus for the Comstock Graduate Housing Project.
Deliveries are anticipated to occur weekdays through the end of December and are necessary to begin construction of four residence buildings included in the project. Please see the map at the end of this advisory for truck delivery routes and the location of the material staging area.Campus Community Impact
Approximately 20 – 25 trucks will arrive at the staging area (near the Stadium) weekdays from August 26 to the end of December. Trucks will enter campus from El Camino Real and take Galvez Street and Nelson Road to the staging area. Trucks will leave the Stadium staging area and travel down Campus Drive to Escondido Road to arrive at the construction site on Comstock Circle. Please see the map below for truck delivery routes and the location of the material staging area.
- Large trucks that use beepers and pull flat-bed trailers will be in use during regular construction hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- A moveable, 151-foot tall Manitowok 2250 heavy-lift crane will be used to hoist and place building panels at the construction site. The crane hoist will be lowered at the end of each work day for safety.
- Concrete trucks will be staged on Escondido Road (near Comstock Circle) during this time.
- Traffic control officers will be in place to ensure safety.
- Please obey any roadway or detour signage and traffic control officers throughout construction.
- Share this information with family, friends, co-workers and others who may be interested in knowing about this activity.