It's an Indian Summer—and boy it's hot.
To avoid heat-related illnesses, the Santa Clara County Office of Emergency Services recommends people visit local cooling stations, like the Camden Community Center, near Cambpell at 3369 Union Ave., San Jose. It's also probably a great reason to visit the library too.
If you need other ideas on how to stay cool, the county suggests the following:
- Drinking lots of water
- Refraining from drinking alcohol or caffeine
- Stay in air-conditioned structures
- Take cold showers or baths
- Cool children down with cold water or a moist towelette, not alcohol
- Don't wrap babies in blankets
- Wear light-weight, light-colored clothing
- Wear hat or use umbrella to keep sun off your face
- Don't leave pets in car
- Avoid physical activity during the peak heat/sunlight hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Do you have other ideas? Is it a great reason to eat more ice cream? Share your suggestions in the comments below!
RELATED: Water Play in the South Bay