Possible volunteer assignments include:
- picking up book donations;
- organizing and pricing books for monthly sales;
- sorting book donations by category;
- staffing book sales, held on the second weekend of every month;
- working on Friends website, newsletters and publicity/outreach projects;
- handling online sales.
FOPAL's monthly sales of donated books and media raise much-needed funds to purchase new books, furniture, technology and fund special programs for Palo Alto public libraries.
And students needing to fulfill community service hours requirements for school and corporate groups seeking one-time work projects are welcome to apply.
For further information, visit: www.friendspaloaltolib.org
The group's Main Sale Room is located at Cubberley Community Center, 4000 Middlefield Road, in the portable building at rear of campus next to tennis courts, north entrance.