For those preferring to stick close to home, here are a few options in Palo Alto:
- The Wine Room Palo Alto -- New Years Eve 2014. "Have fun enjoying some wine, Champagne and small plates of delicious food in a fun and festive atmosphere. Order off our regular menu, without the typical New Years Eve restaurant price gouging.Countdown to midnight with party favors, noisemakers etc. Your chance to kiss Walter at midnight."
- Rudy's Pub. 9:30 p.m. One Last Tuesday Night - New Year's Eve 2013. "As you know Rudy's will be closing it's doors at 117 University Ave. We have enjoyed many New Year's Eves with you but this one will be our last here."
- Figo Restaurant - Palo Alto. "What better way to end 2013 than with a 4-course dinner with us?" (650) 321-4075.
- Mayfield Bakery & Cafe. "Begin your New Year’s Eve celebration with us. On this evening, we will be offering a very special three-course menu with optional wines hand-picked to pair perfectly with each dish." Menu $75 | Wine $30. For reservations, please call 650 853 9200.
- MacArthur Park. Here's the menu at the University Avenue eatery in Palo Alto for New Year's Eve dinner. Book your reservation here.
- The Sea by Alexander's Steakhouse. Six-course dinner menu here. Limited seating still available. Call (650) 213-1111. Located at 4269 El Camino Real.
- Buca di Beppo. 643 Emerson Street. (650) 329-0665. Make your reservation here. Seating still available.