Tell us the answers in the comment section below:
- What is the name of the pictured estate?
- Approximately what year was this photo taken?
- What is the vantage point from which this photo was taken?
- What can you tell us about the building (number of rooms, when built, etc.)
- How did the owner, Mr. Ralston die? What year?
- What U.S. presidents visited the estate?
- Looking past the small building to the bay, what was the name of the smaller hill? And what did this area eventually become?
- Looking down the canyon on the right side where the small building is, what is this known as today?
- What unique designation does this building have that other buildings in Belmont do not have?
Special thanks to Belmont historian Denny Lawhern for his immaculate record keeping and his dedication to the historic preservation of our town.
The winner will be announced Friday.