For the third year in a row, the final Constellation gathering focused on science and technology with students and teachers meeting researchers, university professors, engineers, doctors, marine biologists and other scientists -- many of them parents and friends from the school community.
Also on the agenda, a musically interactive ZunZun program, sponsored by the City of Palo Alto and the Santa Clara Valley Urban Runoff Pollution Prevention Program.
The "Musical Watershed" program familiarizes youngsters with water pollution, conservation and storm drains in a fun performance.
The event closed with a Wild Cat Adventure presentation with four live wild cats on stage.
The guest scientists and community participants included:
- Dan and Natalie Sweeney, Stanford Medical Center;
- Steffen Luitz, SLAC
- Mykel Kochenderfer, Stanford Aeronautics
- Rosetta Pedotti, MS Research Stanford
- Stanford Associates David Schneider, Damien Trujillo, Poonam Rath, Brenda Torres, Adler Dillman
- Debra Katz, City of PA Utilities
- Jenny Nelson, Marine Biologist, Junior Museum Science Teacher
- Bob Boshert, Wes Anderson, Wendy Breu, Museum of American Heritage
- Eric Welker, Science Curriculum Consultant RAPT