By Genevieve Bookwalter
Welcome to Thursday’s Northern California Patch daily roundup!
Today’s top news comes from the South Bay where police have arrested a serial arsonist. From the story:
“A man suspected of lighting at least 12 fires in San Jose, including a five-alarm warehouse fire, is behind bars and is being held on $1 million bail, police said today.”
“Patrick William Brennan, 48, of San Jose, was booked into the Santa Clara County Mail Jail on two counts of arson after police arrested him at about 8 p.m. Wednesday at his downtown home, San Jose police spokeswoman Heather Randol said.”
“While Brennan only faces two counts of arson for now, police said they believe he lit at least 12 fires between Jan. 8 and last Sunday, Randol said.”
Read on for more top stories from Patch sites around Northern California.
- Fifth Generation Owner Hopes to Keep Angel Island Tiburon Ferry Afloat
- New El Cerrito Rules on Single-Use Bags and Foam Food Containers
- Bay Area Home Sales Drop to 6-Year Low, Yet Prices Up Sharply
- Piedmont Resident Found Dead in San Francisco
- Brother of Bicyclist Killed in 2012 Hit-and-Run Says the Death Left Him in Overwhelming Grief
- Caltrain Turns 150; Birthday Party Planned for Saturday